- Tabata I, Nishimura K, Kouzaki M, Hirai Y, Ogita F, Miyachi M, Yamamoto K. Effects of moderate-intensity endurance and high-intensity intermittent training on anaerobic capacity and VO2 max. Med Sci Sports Exerc 28(10): 1327-1330, 1996.
- Terada S, Yokozeki T, Kawanaka K, Ogawa K, Higuchi M, Ezaki O, Tabata I. Effects of high-intensity swimming training on GLUT4 and glucose transport activity in rat skeletal muscle. J Appl Physiol. 90_(6): 2019-2024, 2001
- Terada S, Tabata I, Higuchi M. Effect of high-intensity intermittent swimming trainig on fatty acid oxidation enzyme activityin rat skeletal muscle. Jpn j Physiol. 54(1): 47-52,2004.
- Terada S, Kawanaka K, Goto M, Shimokawa T, Tabata I. Effects of high-intensity intermittent swimmingon PGC-1 alpha protein expression in rat skeletal muscle. Acta Physiol Scand. 184(1):59-65, 2005.
- Boutcher SH. High-intensity intermittent exercise and fat loss. J Obesity. 2011.
- Trapp EG, Chisholm DJ, Freund J, Boutcher SH. The effects of high-intensity intermittent exercise training on fat loss and fasting insulin levels of young women. Int J Obes (Lond). 32(4): 684-691, 2008.
- Tabata I, Irisawa K, Kouzaki M, Nishimura K, Ogita F, Miyachi M. Metabolic profile of high intensity intermittent exercises. Med Sci Sports Exerc. 29(3): 390-395, 1997.
- Lambert CP and Flynn MG. Fatigue during high-intensity intermittent exercise: application to bodybuilding. Sports Med. 32(8): 511-522, 2002.
- Gibala MJ, McGee SL, Garnham AP, Howlett KF, Snow RJ, and Hargreaves M. Brief intense interval exercise activates AMPk and p38 MAPK signaling and increases the expression of PGC-1a in human skeletal muscle. J Appl Physiol. 106:929-934, 2009.